Monday, November 5, 2007

mm-mm, good

quicheDelicious. In honor of our tagging assignment and del.icio.us, I am posting a graphic of quiche. I made a gorgeous quiche this morning (red peppers, carrots, onion, tomato, garlic, marinated artichokes and provolone!) and it was quite delicious. But who can remember where to punctuate that word when referring to the tagging site? del.icio.us is not intuitive. At least not for me. As for quiche, I think that I favor quiche so much because it reminds me of pie, and I luuurrrve pie. Anything with a crust is OK with me.

I am currently using del.icio.us for tracking recipe sites. This was a great suggestion by the Project Play coordinators. I spend a lot of my free time browsing sites looking for recipes (and even more time digging through my cookbooks, looking for the printed copy of something that I found on the Internet and didn't want to "lose"). I think this will save me a lot of time and is handy, too. I like the idea that you can find your bookmarks on any computer; this truly does take a world of chaos and make it orderly. But what happens if multiple people use the same computer? If more than one person tags something, can you add additional keywords? At home, I am the only user with my login, so I haven't run into this yet.

And what about the social aspect of this? This might be handy, or it might be a giant pitfall. Do I really need to see other people's bookmarks? Will their bookmarks really be useful to me and save me time? Or will I just spend more time browsing through the curiosity that Web 2.0 provides in terms of seeing what other people are up to?

Finally, a big hooray to Blogger! The blog tags get alphabetized automatically. Woo hoo! That, too, is delicious.

Play more. Learn more. Fear less. Eat quiche.

2 comments:

Emily said...

You can edit the tags on an entry so if you tag something Pushing Daisies and really you want it to be tagged TV you can change it. Just an example :)

Pinky said...

Aha! Thanks, Emily. I was also wondering how folks sort their tags into categories, like in the Menasha Public Library example. I played around some more and found out how to "bundle". I can see that I will need to spend some more time playing around to really maximize del.icio.us.