Monday, January 28, 2008

lists make me happy

and so does baking cookies. Therefore, it is with great joy that I have been able to combine two of my favorite activities into this week's Project Play assignment. I added an item to the Remember the Milk Project Play sandbox reminding myself to bake Valentine cookies*. If I thought that last semester's pbwiki discovery opened new doors, whoa, Nelly! Remember the Milk is way better. I can combine my RTM lists with my Google Calendar, I can add new items to the list with my phone, and I am exploring the possibility of getting phone reminders sent to myself from Jott. It's almost too much. How much listy goodness can one person take? (I stole that phrase from a MADreads review by SC; I think that it is genius, and so is she.)

I am also very pleased that I took my hubby up on his Gmail invitation back in the day (I don't think invitations are necessary anymore). I never used my account regularly for email (I really like Yahoo!), but many of the assignments for Project Play are compatible with Google, so I don't have to create new logins and passwords, I can just use my Google account. HANDY. What would I do without Google?

I guess that about covers it for this week.

Until we meet again: play more, learn more, fear less and always remember the milk with ooh la la, online lists.

*I don't make traditional frosted Valentine cookies, though, I make heart shaped spritz. I am in love with my spritz gun and I am in love with butter, so I have been shooting out little pink hearts, little green trees, little orange pumpkins and all manner of buttery little gems sprinkled with colored sugars and holiday themes instead of messing around with cookie cutters.

5 comments:

Stef Morrill said...

Hmmmm.....buttery hearts!!

Pinky, I'm glad to see that the integration thing has you so excited, too! I was swooning when I found that I could add my Remember The Milk to my Google calendar....

Stef Morrill said...

MMMMMMM....spritz valentine cookies!

Glad these tools can help with your creative and yummy endeavors!

Jill said...

Hi Pinky,
Thanks for the comment - sorry you had trouble at my blog - I don't know what happened...
Yes, I agree with you. If I think about life goals too long, I get a tad depressed and frustrated thinking about what I probably won't do (travel abroad - hard to do with a hubby who refuses to fly, for example... Might have to take the proverbial slow boat to China, if we can catch one up at Sault St, Marie, MI - LOL!). But I do like the dreaming part, and it's good to have dreams to work towards.

Pinky said...

jill, your post reminded me of crossing into CAN at Sault St Marie and taking the Agawa Canyon train ride, something I did as a kid. If I were keeping a list, I could cross that off!

Jill said...

Ohh, Ooohh, we took that Agawa Canyon train ride several years ago! My 11 yo son has been a real train and model train nut since he was 3, and we also love freighter watching at S.S.Marie (and Duluth), so we spent a weekend up there and took the train ride. Very cool!